Limbach Company LLC is seeking a Area Service Manager to join the Ohio team to support and help drive the strategic direction of the company.
Over a hundred years ago, Limbach began as a modest, one-man sheet metal company in Pittsburgh, PA. Today, the Company has grown into one of the nation’s premier mechanical contractors, operating in multiple major markets throughout the US. Consistently ranked in the top 15 of ENR’s Top Specialty Contractors, Limbach’s century-spanning expertise has given rise to a comprehensive understanding of the entire construction process. Limbach’s vision is to be the 1st choice mechanical contractor and service firm in the markets we serve.
The primary function of an Area Service Manager is to grow a Service Area through the
sale of Spot work, Service Projects and Maintenance Contracts to existing accounts
along with the area service sales people. The Area Service Manager will be responsible
for meeting the area revenue and gross profit goals, assuring the work in the area is
completed on time, within budget, to the customer’s satisfaction and accounted for in an
accurate and timely manner all within the guidelines established in the Limbach Service
1. Redeem annual booking quota through the sale of spot, projects and renewable
maintenance contracts by working with assigned service sales representatives as
well as meeting personal booking objectives at planned pricing levels to meet.
2. Renew all maintenance contracts within the service area at target escalation levels
and at pricing levels to meet Company target margins.
3. Build a field organization capable of performing the work required to redeem
customer commitments through hiring, training and managing Service
Technicians or using other Company resources or both.
4. Supervise field organization to assure all jobs are completed on time, within
budget and accepted by the customer.
5. Understands how various mechanical systems, components and their control
6. Able to provide repair, replacement, upgrade, or retrofit recommendations on all
mechanical systems to the Customer.
7. Using Company provided tools is able to estimate the cost of all repair,
replacement, upgrade and retrofit recommendations.
8. Using Company provided tools is able to present a professional proposal to the
Customer for repair, replacement, upgrade and retrofit Project recommendations
and close the sale.
Develop annual operating plan in conjunction with Branch Manager.
10. Redeem annual operating plan.
11. Effectively train and develop subordinates through coaching and mentoring.
12. Provide accurate and timely forecasts as scheduled.
13. Assure compliance with all contractual requirements.
14. With the Service Business Specialist and Service Coordinator, purchase and
expedite materials, equipment and parts in a timely and cost effective manner.
15. With subordinate organization maintain the accuracy of all records, reports, logs
and data required to operate and manage the service business
16. Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with all fellow
employees, prospects, customers, and vendors and always represent the Company
and yourself in a very positive and professional manner.
17. Participate as assigned to assist others in the Company to obtain or retain business
in offerings not necessarily related to your primary function.
18. Using Company provided tools and formats maintains all sales logs and submits
reports to management, which describes selling activity and booking activity for
the week, month and year to date.
19. Assure all work is billed promptly upon completion or per the terms of
appropriate contract documents.
20. With the Service Coordinator assure that all Customers pay their invoices on time.
Personally follow up on any receivables more than 60 days past due.
21. Understands mechanical systems, appropriate codes and industry standards.
Assures permits are secured where applicable.
22. Provides technical support to the field organization either personally or through
other resources within the Company or through vendors.
23. Operate the business following guidelines established in the Limbach Service
High school diploma or equivalent education.
Excellent communication skills. Both verbal and written.
Experience in fast-paced work environment.
Five to ten years HVAC service experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision Care
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match Contributions
Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Life and Accidental Death Insurance
Supplemental Voluntary Life Insurance
Dependant Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time
Equal Opportunity Employer